Monday, December 24, 2007

Conversations with Calliope



JOE: Good morning, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning, Joe. I thought you had left early for your cruise.
JOE: I'm waiting for February for that.
CALLIOPE: Where have you been?
JOE: I have been most of my efforts into writing and publishing lately. I had to take some time out to prepare for Christmas.
CALLIOPE: Such as?
JOE: Wrapping and sending presents, attending the Rochester Philharmonic Christmas Pops Concert and dining with friends, as well as baking and visiting people and, less interesting, finalizing my Medicare coverage which starts in a few days.
CALLIOPE: Do you have all that out of your system now?
JOE: Not quite. I have family gatherings tonight and tomorrow.
CALLIOPE: What about the rest of today?
JOE: You will be glad to know that my next matter of attention when I finish here is to do some writing in Marital Property.
CALLIOPE: Glad to hear that. I thought it was on the shelf.
JOE: God forbid. I hated to take time off, but I could not find a way to delay Christmas. I'm not quit that fanatical to have to write every day and people be damned.
CALLIOPE:I guess it's good you are keeping some perspective. Better get back to work before the parties start again.
JOE: Agreed. I'm on it.

(Cognac still- Tio Pepe- Herez, Spain)

No comments: