Saturday, December 15, 2007

Conversations with Calliope

JOE: Good morning, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning, Joe. What are you up to this morning?
JOE: With some sense of guilt, I have decided to take off a day from writing.
CALLIOPE: Why the day off?
JOE: I have some Christmas gifts and baking to work on, especially for a party Carol and I are having tonight.
CALLIOPE: Okay. Why the guilt?
JOE: I am afraid I will lose momentum. I have been keeping up a steady pace all week.
CALLIOPE: What did you do yesterday?
JOE: I continued working on my fine tooth come final edit for The Pastor's Inferno. I also wrote most of the next chapter for Marital Property.
CALLIOPE: Not finished?
JOE: No. It was about Dennis and Cynthia at the counselor for the first time. It took some thought as well as writing and did not go as fast as I had hoped. However I think this is a pivotal chapter and I wanted to get it right.
CALLIOPE: Are you happy with it?
JOE: So far. Maybe I will try to finish it later today if I have time.
CALLIOPE: Maybe that will assuage your guilt. Any word about permissions for your quotes?
JOE: Not yet. I am a little anxious to have them in hand, but then I might rush the final edit. I guess there is a purpose for everything.
(My grandson Joey making Russian Tea Cakes)

No comments: