Monday, December 17, 2007

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning, Joe, What's new today?
JOE: Not much new. Just a lot of unfinished business.
CALLIOPE: Such as?
JOE: Well, there's the novel I'm writing, the one I'm working on getting published and getting together Christmas presents.
CALLIOPE: Let's start with Marital Property.
JOE: On Saturday I had planned to at least finish the current chapter I'm working on but didn't get to it. It's in my plan for today.
CALLIOPE: Okay, how about The Pastor's Inferno?
JOE: The final edit is coming along well. I am currently debating whether to submit it as a Word or Pagemaker document. Booklocker seems to prefer Word but I think the layout and spacing is better with Pagemaker. My current inclination is to submit it in Pagemaker converted to PDF.
CALLIOPE: You're getting pretty technical.
JOE: When you hang around long enough you learn all sorts of things.
CALLIOPE: Is that all you have in the works?
JOE: I am still waiting for permission from Norton to use the quotes at the beginning of my chapters. Maybe I will call them and see how its coming. I also requested a Library of Congress number a while ago (LCCN) but have not heard from them. I should contact them as well for an update. Then of course are Christmas presents. I have some things gathered but am in the midst of baking cookies as well.
CALLIPE: You sound like you have your hands full. I had better let you get back to work.
JOE: Good idea. Talk with you later.

No comments: