Saturday, December 08, 2007

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good day, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: I guess I will let that slide. It's still the noon hour. What's up?
JOE: I signed a contract with Booklocker for my novel, The Pastor's Inferno. I read through everything and think it is for the best.
CALLIOPE: No more pursuing traditional publishing?
JOE: Not for now anyway. I felt like I was spinning my wheels for quite a while with very little hope on the horizon.
CALLIOPE: What about marketing?
JOE: Therein lies the rub. It will be a big challenge for me but I found quite a bit of information on the Booklocker website regarding internet marketing. I have quite a bit of other information collected as well.
CALLIOPE: Do you think it will work?
JOE: I don't know. But Steven Covey was famous for saying, "If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got."
CALLIOPE: Good point. So now what?
JOE: I am working on permissions for the quotes I included in the book. Then I will have to format the manuscript for submission.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like another challenge.
JOE: Maybe so, but I think it's more manageable than searching the highways and byways for an agent.

(Traffic light- City Island, New York)

No comments: