Thursday, December 13, 2007

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning, Calliope
CALLIOPE: Good morning, Joe. How are you this morning?
JOE: Having my coffee while we converse and ready for another day.
CALLIOPE: How did yesterday go?
JOE: Better than expected. I worked on proofing The Pastor's Inferno in the morning, did my errands in Rochester mid-day and wrote another chapter of Marital Property in the afternoon.
CALLIOPE: Sounds pretty productive.
JOE: It was. I wasn't sure I would get it all done but I did.
CALLIOPE: What did you write about yesterday?
JOE: Dennis and Cynthia had an argument about sex, the one part of their relationship that seemed to be going fairly well.
CALLIOPE: What prompted that?
JOE: The story was going along too smoothly. It is about marital conflict and they were getting a little too chummy.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like the story needed a few sparks.
JOE: I thought so. Now there is more grist for the mill.
CALLIOPE: So what's up today?
JOE: About the same as yesterday: editing in the morning, the Y at noon and writing in the afternoon. I will also attend my last Chamber of Commerce meeting tonight.
CALLIOPE: How so?
JOE: I have retired pretty much from my psychology practice and will not need my chamber membership next year since it will not help with my insurance costs once I switch to Medicare. Another chapter in my life completed.
(Sunset at Sea-St. Lucia)

No comments: