Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good afternoon, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good afternoon, Joe. What have you been up to all day?
JOE: Carol and I are entertaining tonight. I volunteered to make beef barley soup and cracked wheat bread. I have been busy with these creations. I also had to renew some prescriptions.
CALLIOPE: Any work on your writing?
JOE: I designed the cover for The Pastor's Inferno. I don't have the specs yet and will have to wait until I have my interior copy ready so I can determine the width of the spine.
CALLIOPE: Sounds complicated.
JOE: It is a little but I have been through it twice before with my other books. It's not as difficult now as it first seemed.
CALLIOPE: What about actual writing?
JOE: Yesterday I did some work finalizing the copy for The Pastor's Inferno but am not finished. Later in the afternoon I wrote another chapter of Marital Property.
CALLIOPE: Is it hard to switch back and forth?
JOE: It probably would be if I were trying to write both at the same time. But it's not so difficult to switch from editing one book to writing another.
CALLIOPE: The day is waning. Do you plan to do any writing today.
JOE: I have just enough time for a chapter of Marital Property.
CALLIOPE: You had better get to it.
JOE: That's where I'm headed.

(Alley's Store- Chilmark, Martha's Vineyard)

No comments: