Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning, Joe. How are you this morning?
JOE: Fine. I was just working on setting up Pagemaker for The Pastor's Inferno.
CALLIOPE: How is that going?
JOE: I got the page set up fine but am having trouble with the directions for formatting headers and footers as well as the gutter.
CALLIOPE: Sounds frustrating.
JOE: Maybe it's too early in the morning for such fiddling.
CALLIOPE: How did yesterday go?
JOE: Quite well. I did some editing of The Pastor's Inferno and am getting toward the end. I sent an email to the Library of Congress about my LCCN since they did not reply to my request from the end of November. I also finished the chapter I was working on in Marital Property. I also wrote my Christmas column and baked some cookies.
CALLIOPE: Can I see the column?
JOE: I would be happy to show it to you but can't until Saturday when it is published. First serial rights, you know.
CALLIOPE: I understand. I will be looking forward to it. What's on the docket for today.
JOE: Other than beef barley soup for tonight, I will be following my usual routine of editing in the morning and writing in the afternoon.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like you have the day planned.
JOE: I do and I am ready to get at it.
Calliope: Don't let me hold you back.
Joe: Okay, I'm at it.

(Main Street bench- Batavia, NY)

No comments: