Thursday, December 20, 2007

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning, Joe. How are you this morning?
JOE: Good. I have already been busy.
CALLIOPE: Doing what?
JOE: I started working on preparing my earlier book, Young Man of the Cloth for publication with some revisions.
CALLIOPE: What prompted that?
JOE: I wrote it partly for myself and partly as a lead-in to The Pastor's Inferno.
CALLIOPE: You didn't experience any sexual abuse in the seminary, did you?
JOE: No. But since I had experience as a seminarian, I thought it fit in as a way to demonstrate my understanding of what it was like in writing The Pastor's Inferno.
CALLIOPE: That makes sense. Did you learn anything this morning?
JOE: Yes. I learned to appreciate how far I have come in preparing for publication, especially in formatting. I also prepared a table of contents which formerly eluded and frustrated me.
CALLIOPE: See what happens with practice?
JOE: I do. Now on to today's activities.
CALLIOPE: Such as?
JOE: I am pretty busy with psychology today. I have an evaluation, one regular session and a board meeting to attend today. I would also like to get in some exercise.
CALLIOPE: What about writing?
JOE: I am hoping to have some time. I am in the middle of a chapter right now.
CALLIOPE: Do you think it is a good idea to end your day's writing in the middle of a chapter?
JOE: I do. I find it harder to start on a new section. If I leave off in the middle of a chapter, it is easier to pick up my train of thought and continue without a lot of deliberation. Well, on with the day's activities.

(Waiting for the train- London)

No comments: