Monday, December 10, 2007

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good Morning Joe. What have you been up to.
JOE: Yesterday I participated in an Author Extravaganza at Lift Bridge Bookstore in Brockport. Fortunately, I did not have unrealistic expectations about selling vast amounts of books.
CALLIOPE: What did you accomplish?
JOE: I met some new authors and some I knew before and had a chance to talk a little about publishing. I also read a selection from my book, Commonsense Wisdom for Everyday Life.
CALLIOPE: You seem to be running a little late this morning. What have you been doing?
JOE: I called Norton to make sure they held the copyright to passages I want to quote from the Signet verson of Dante's Inferno. They do. I have also been formatting my book for submission to Booklocker. I think the biggest holdup might be permission for the quotes which Norton's website states will be up to six weeks.
CALLIOPE: So you should have it ready for submission by the time you receive the permissions.
JOE: I should.
CALLIOPE: So what about Marital Property?
JOE: Now that I have things figured out for submission of The Pastor's Inferno, my plan is to work on The Pastor's Inferno in the morning and then on Marital Property in the afternoon.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like a good plan.
JOE: Glad you approve. I better get back to work.
(The Ernestina- New Bedford MA)

No comments: