Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Still pondering my lying fallow.
CALLIOPE: What are you pondering specifically?
JOE: I tried to shut off my logical brain for a while, but it doesn't seem to want to cooperate.
CALLIOPE: What is it doing?
JOE: Bringing up thoughts of whether I should continue my writing efforts or just enjoy retirement or do something else.
CALLIOPE: Sounds rather drastic. Where do you think those thoughts originate?
JOE: Probably from realizing that publicity and marketing are much more complicated than I thought even though I have been learning all I can.
CALLIOPE: Speaking of which, how are the videos coming?
JOE: I guess that's part of the frustration. I have struggled with the technology to the point of frustration. Finally I have all the pieces in place and have developed an outline for the first video, Ten Reasons To Read The Pastor's Inferno and Ten Reasons Not To.
CALLIOPE: So what's the problem?
JOE: I felt my energy drained by the effort. I'm ready to go technically but flagging in my motivation.
CALLIOPE: You mentioned recharging. Did you do anything in this regard?
JOE: Yesterday I resumed work on a painting of the Block Island Lighthouse I promised to have finished by the beginning of July. I also attended a picnic for cancer survivors last night and got out of myself as well as having some help putting my good fortune in perspective.
CALLIOPE: Those sound like positive steps. Now what?
JOE: More painting today. I think I will also try a test video with the technology I have recently discovered to consider the quality of the video. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.
(Charlotte Lighthouse- Rochester, NY)

No comments: