Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you this morning?
JOE: A little slow getting in gear.
CALLIOPE: How so?
JOE: Last night Carol and I attended our second concert of the Rochester International Jazz Festival, this time Gillespiana, a tribute to Dizzy Gillespie. I am still savoring the experience.
CALLIOPE: Glad you enjoyed it. You said you wanted to be more involved in activities outside yourself.
JOE: I did. I also made another discovery.
CALLIOPE: Which is?
JOE: I had suspected a relationship between various forms of creativity. I just finished my lighthouse project, taking my time to produces a polished work.
CALLIOPE: That's nice. What did you learn?
JOE: Developing patience with my painting translated into a more polished short story as well. I spent quite a bit of time yesterday revising Child Bride. I think it came out well.
CALLIOPE: Would you like my opinion?
JOE: Sure. It's posted on www.authorsden.com. Look up Child Bride or my name.
CALLIOPE: I'll do that and let you know what I think tomorrow.
JOE: I'd appreciate it. Today I plan to continue working on creativity, starting a new lighthouse painting and using what I have learned about myself and my writing to revise my other recent story, Or Not To Be. I also have a column to write. Talk with you tomorrow.
(Exploring Grossology- Strong Museum, Rochester, NY)

No comments: