Monday, June 23, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Quite well, thank you.
CALLIOPE: Tell me about your weekend.
JOE: The construction upstairs finally settled down, at least for Saturday. I finally got to work taping my videos. I decided to begin with a brief general video on The Pastor's Inferno and then move on to Ten Reasons to read The Pastor's Inferno and Ten Reasons Not To.
CALLIOPE: Why did you decide on the general one first?
JOE: I thought it might be easier to do and I could also refer to Ten Reasons at the end.
CALLIOPE: I see. How did it go?
JOE: I'm getting there. The process is working. I was able to record a video, transfer it to a usable format and edit it without difficulty.
CALLIOPE: Any difficulties?
JOE: A few things to work on. The sound level was quite low which I can fix by moving the camera closer to where I sit or using an external microphone. I have a few annoying mannerisms I will need to limit. I also rock in my chair while talking which I found distracting and think my viewers will too.
CALLIOPE: So now what?
JOE: More takes. Any video I know of goes through a series of takes much like a movie scene until it is acceptable or even exceptional. The hardest part for me will be remaining patient rather than rushing to get something posted for the sake of having it done. I thought people got more patient as the got older. I have in some ways, but in certain areas I have the same impulsive drive I always have had.
CALLIOPE: Good that you at least recognize this.
JOE: I agree. Holding my horses remains a major challenge. Talk with you tomorrow.
(A leisurely stroll in Central Park)

No comments: