Monday, June 02, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How was your weekend.
JOE: I enjoyed it. On Saturday I worked on my story and on Sunday I relaxed and read.
CALLIOPE: Tell me about the story.
JOE: Okay. I told you I was working on it, but not furiously. I transferred what I had written to the computer and reviewed what I had written.
CALLIOPE: How do you usually write a story?
JOE: I usually start with a theme and begin writing. As I progress I develop the characters, plot and ending.
CALLIOPE: Did this one work that way?
JOE: For the most part. I took a walk after transcribing what I had written. When I returned, I had in my head quite a few ideas about ways to strengthen my presentation. I also had the ending in mind.
CALLIOPE: Did you finish it?
JOE: Not yet. I plan to today or tomorrow so I will have it ready for the Liftbridge Writers Group tomorrow night.
CALLIOPE: When can I see it?
JOE: I will post it on Critique Circle and Author's Den probably on Wednesday and let you know when it is ready for your viewing.
CALLIOPE: I can't wait.
JOE: I'm excited about it too. This is the first short story I have written in some time. Talk with you tomorrow.
(Cable Car- San Francisco)

No comments: