Saturday, June 21, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. I have been expecting you for a while.
JOE: I was feeling rather languorous this morning.
CALLIOPE: Still not back in gear after yesterday?
JOE: Correct. I spent most of the day in service to others. The whole morning was at the police training telling my mental health story as a parent and listening to others' stories.
CALLIOPE: And the afternoon?
JOE: I had planned to relax which I did for about fifteen minutes. Then my daughter asked me to go with her to look at a car.
CALLIOPE: Which you did?
JOE: Of course. What kind of father do you take me for?
CALLIOPE: And the evening?
JOE: I went to the first Jackson Square concert of the summer in Batavia for a Frank Sinatra tribute. It was a chance to relax and interact socially with others.
CALLIOPE: So you spent your whole day with others instead of by yourself?
JOE: I hadn't thought of it that way, but yes I did.
CALLIOPE: And today?
JOE: I found a book on the Craft and Business of Writing, a Writer's Digest book, and might spend some time reading it.
CALLIOPE: What about the recordings?
JOE: Ill fated. The construction continues upstairs. Either today or Monday I will get to them. Now I need to post my column on my website and get going for the day. Talk with you Monday.
(Columbus Circle- New York)

No comments: