Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today.
JOE: Focused. I have been quite busy already today.
CALLIOPE: Impressive. Doing what?
JOE: I was puzzled about the sound level on the video I recorded yesterday. Then I discovered my computer sound was low. I adjusted it this morning and now it seems fine.
CALLIOPE: So you finally produced a video.
JOE: Yes. I have a little more fine tuning to do but it is close to being ready for broadcast. I decided to start with a general video on The Pastor's Inferno and now will move on to the ten reasons.
CALLIOPE: You are starting to make some progress. Has the construction noise upstairs settled down?
JOE: Finally. It is now quiet enough to record.
CALLIOPE: What else are you working on.
JOE: A good friend suggested I read Danielle Steele to see what there is about popular writing that makes people buy it.
CALLIOPE: And did you?
JOE: I plan to go to the library today to review a number of styles including Steele's. I also did some research this morning on the difference between literary and popular fiction.
CALLIOPE: What did you discover?
JOE: Popular fiction concentrates more on character, hook, situations and story while literary fiction concentrates more on emphasis, tone, theme, strategies and moves. I think my goal would be to write challenging fiction which is also accessible. My challenge, should I choose to accept it. Talk with you tomorrow.
(Westminster Abbey- London)

No comments: