Thursday, June 19, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Excited and full of energy.
CALLIOPE: I take it you had a productive day yesterday.
JOE: I did. One comment from Authornation, a new site I am trying out, suggested that the fonts were confusing in the current draft of my short story Child Bride. I wasn't sure what she meant and went back to read it. More than half of the story is internal reflection which I showed by using italics. It is confusing.
CALLIOPE: So what did you do about it?
JOE: I changed the voice and wrote the whole story in the first person eliminating the need for italics completely.
CALLIOPE: Interesting approach. How do you think it worked?
JOE: Too soon to tell. I have only received one comment so far suggesting the change made the story much clearer. Nice to know my efforts paid off.
CALLIOPE: Did you get anything else done yesterday?
JOE: I wrote my column for Saturday on walking out of a concert.
CALLIOPE: Which I can find on your website Saturday?
JOE: You're learning. It will be there.
CALLIOPE: What's up for today?
JOE: I think I'm finally ready to start recording the Ten Reasons video, barring any untoward construction noises from upstairs. Talk with you tomorrow.
(Gay Head Cliffs- Martha's Vineyard)

No comments: