Monday, June 09, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. Ready for another week?
JOE: I guess so.
CALLIOPE: You don't sound too enthused.
JOE: I feel like an alligator sleeping on the shore, too lazy to move.
CALLIOPE: What a way to start the week. Do you have anything planned?
JOE: I do. Over the weekend, I spent my free time reading which I enjoyed. However I didn't start working on the videos.
CALLIOPE: So what's your excuse?
JOE: None other than inertia. But I did set them as my main goal for this week. I received a new cable for my video camera and will try it out today. If I still can't get me camera to connect to my computer, I will proceed using my webcam although I am not thrilled by the quality. But at least it would be a start.
CALLIOPE: I agree. You seem to have trouble becoming motivated in general lately.
JOE: I guess you're right. I wrote in my journal earlier this morning that I would just as soon spend the day sitting on the porch reading again today. But I don't think I will.
CALLIOPE: Where do you suppose the answer lies?
JOE: I think in just getting myself in gear. Once I am on the move mentally, I think I can keep going, the other side of inertia.
CALLIOPE: See what you can do today. Otherwise we will need to look at more drastic steps.
JOE: Yes Ma'am. I'll do my best. Talk with you tomorrow.
(Sandwash- Batavia, NY)

No comments: