Friday, October 31, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse

(Waiting for a train in Astoria)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. What's going on?
JOE: I went to Batavia yesterday to help my son take down his print exhibit. My car died. Actually it couldn't breathe because of a failed oxygen sensor. Fortunately it wasn't terminal and revived with a new part.
CALLIOPE: Did you get anything else accomplished?
JOE: Miraculously I did. I now have one article accepted with Ezine and two others in the works. I enjoy writing short informative and inspirational pieces and will continue this process as a way of sharing my thoughts and also as a marketing help.
CALLIOPE: Does this take you in any particular direction with the rest of your writing?
JOE: I have been thinking of another Commonsense Wisdom collection, mostly of columns.
CALLIOPE: What brought that on?
JOE: Writing out my goals and those of prospective readers. I have most of the material in hand but would have to organize and market it.
CALLIOPE: What about Commonsense Wisdom for Teens.
JOE: I will still work on it. But I know Commonsense Wisdom for Everyday Life had a fairly good reception even with practically no publicity. I think I can build on what I did with the first book and continue with the teen book.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like you have been thinking about strategy.
JOE: I have. I think I could do a better job of marketing now that I have more tools at my disposal.
CALLIOPE: Good luck.
JOE: Thanks, I'm excited about the prospects. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: