Saturday, October 25, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse

Astoria Blvd. Subway station, New York)

JOE: Good afternoon Calliope.
CALLIOPE: I almost gave up on you today.
JOE: I've been busy. We're having people over tonight and I was busy preparing for them.
CALLIOPE: Are you ready now?
JOE: I am. I have a little time to work on writing.
CALLIOPE: I assume you got your newspaper article posted.
JOE: Yes. I have also been working my way through my most recent edit of Marital Property.
CALLIOPE: Anything else going on?
JOE: I realized this morning that with all my work on editing and marketing, I haven't done too much actual writing lately.
CALLIOPE: Does that bother you?
JOE: Yes. I wish I were writing. I realize there is much more to the whole writing undertaking that putting thoughts into words. Sometimes I wish the rest of the process would just take place on its own.
CALLIOPE: You could pay someone to look after those details.
JOE: If I had the money I could. For now, I have all the responsibilities.
CALLIOPE: Has there been any benefit to that?
JOE: I think I have reached an understanding of the writing and publishing world I would not have had otherwise. Time for me to stop complaining and get back to work. Talk with you on Monday.

No comments: