Monday, October 06, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse


(Carol and Sharon- Breast Cancer Walk- Rochester)
JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Fine.
CALLIOPE: Tell me about your day yesterday.
JOE: One thing led to another. I started the day participating in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk.
CALLIOPE: Does that have a personal significance for you?
JOE: Yes. My girlfriend Carol is a three year survivor of breast cancer. Her mother and one of her sisters died of it and she has another sister and a fair number of friends who are survivors.
CALLIOPE: How did participating affect you?
JOE: I didn't realize it at the time but then spent last night looking at my life, what it means and what I need. I tend to ignore these most of the time and concentrate on what I can offer others.
CALLIOPE: What did you do specifically?
JOE: I spent some time playing the guitar, drawing, reading The Mastery of Love by Ruiz and listening to music.
CALLIOPE: What kind of music?
JOE: I discovered a new music site, Pandora Radio, which lets you create music stations to fit your own taste. It also learns your taste, suggests and supplies music which fits them.
CALLIOPE: What was that experience like?
JOE: Extremely comforting and relaxing. I am listening to Enya Radio as I am talking with you. See you tomorrow.

No comments: