Friday, October 24, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse

(In the garden with Carol)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Restless.
CALLIOPE: What brought that on?
JOE: Yesterday afternoon I listened to a phone teleseminar by Steve Harrison about being perceived as an expert.
CALLIOPE: Did that make you restless?
JOE: One focus of the presentation was on deciding what is important and being passionate about pursuing it. I woke up this morning debating with myself about whether I want to be passionate about anything at this point in my life or whether I would just like to enjoy life for a while.
CALLIOPE: Does it have to be a choice?
JOE: Most of what I read indicates that it does. Being successful personally or financially is said to involve a passionate commitment to something close to my heart.
CALLIOPE: What would be ideal for you?
JOE: I would like to be able to share with others what I have learned about life and suggest alternatives to dangerous directions I see our society heading in. At the same time I would like to have some time to enjoy life after many working years.
CALLIOPE: So you want a compromise but read that it's not possible.
JOE: Exactly.
CALLIOPE: So what do you plan to do about it?
JOE: Find a way to reach this compromise in my way of life. How, I'm not quite sure. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: