Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse

(Keeping an eye on the horizon)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. What have you been up to?
JOE: I'm easing into the day. I read the paper, did a couple crossword puzzles and tended to my mail so far and here I am.
CALLIOPE: What did you do yesterday?
JOE: Some editing of Marital Property. I also worked on marketing and development. I listened to Steve Harrison's presentations on What Rich Authors Know That Poor Authors Don't and Publicity Strategies.
CALLIOPE: What did you learn?
JOE: That it is important to start with a passionate dream. Earning money is not a good primary consideration. If you have something worthwhile to share with others, money follows. I learned how others approached and used media outlets to develop a platform for their sales and marketing efforts.
CALLIOPE: Do you think you can use what you learned?
JOE: I think I can incorporate it into a marketing plan.
CALLIOPE: Do you have one?
JOE: I did, but I have learned a great deal lately. I think it's time I reconsidered it to make sure it is complete and incorporates what I'm learning.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like a good plan. Is that what you will work on today?
JOE: Yes, in addition to continued work on Marital Property. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: