Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse

(Geese on Oatka Creek, Leroy, NY)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you this morning?
JOE: Mixed.
CALLIOPE: What's going well?
JOE: I finished and posted my column, Sticks and Stones May Break our bones. You can read it on my web sit on Saturday.
CALLIOPE: Tell me about it.
JOE: I read an article by Jodi Cohen from the Chicago Tribune in which she reported that high school students and their parents sometimes write nasty letters to colleges hoping to reduce their competition for freshman slots.
CALLIOPE: I never heard of such a thing?
JOE: I haven't either on the part of students and their parents but I saw an immediate parallel with political ads cramming the airwaves (or cable waves) lately.
CALLIOPE: What did you make of it?
JOE: I don't like the trend. As far as I am concerned it contributes to the disintegration of society.
CALLIOPE: Did you suggest any alternatives?
JOE: Yes, being more respectful of others and not feeling you have to trample others to get what you want.
CALLIOPE: Good for you. What didn't go so well yesterday?
JOE: I am having difficulty with my email hosting and haven't received any email yet this week. I'm still working on the problem. Hopefully I will have good news about this tomorrow when we talk.

No comments: