Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning, Joe. How are you this morning?
JOE: Quite good. I finally received the e-mail address of the film producer I met a couple years ago.
CALLIOPE: And what are your intentions with her?
JOE: She has produced some films with meaning and not "high concept." I think she might be interested in considering The Pastor's Inferno.
CALLIOPE: Did you approach her?
JOE: Yes. I sent her an e-mail introducing my novel accompanied by a synopsis.
CALLIOPE: What do you think the chances are of her being interested?
JOE: I can't say. But if I don't try I will never know.
CALLIOPE: Well put. Any other developments?
JOE: Yes. I found an agent who handles books with spiritual connotations. I will query him today. I was planning to expand my agent search anyway but I think he might have some promise for me.
CALLIOPE: And your writing?
JOE: I wrote another chapter involving the children considering what they could do to help and how they might approach their parents.
CALLIOPE: Are you happy with your progress?
JOE: I am resigned to it coming in short bursts as far as the novel. I tend to think about each chapter for about a day before I write it. This also worked well with The Pastor's Inferno.
CALLIOPE: I'm glad you found an approach that works. On with the the show.
JOE: Okay, I'm ready for today.

(Church stove heater- Genesee Country Village)

No comments: