Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Conversations with Calliope

JOE: Good morning, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning, Joe. What's new today?
JOE: I spent a fair amount of time working on enneagrams for the two children.
CALLIOPE: Did you end up using what you developed?
JOE: Later in the day I did. I wrote about another conversation between the children after school and felt I had a better sense of how they would both react to things.
CALLIOPE: Good. What's next?
JOE: Today I will work on enneagrams for the husband's brother and wife's best friend, both of whom are appearing in chapters soon.
CALLIOPE: Sound's like it's moving along. Did you ever come up with an overall plan for the plot?
JOE: As a matter of fact I did. It just came to me a little while ago.
CALLIOPE: Are you going to share?
JOE: Of course. I plan to heighten the conflict through conversations and receiving conflicting advice on how to handle the problem. Then there will be some false starts with each trying to solve the problem in a ways which antagonizes the other. As they finally realize they are working at cross purposes, they might find a way to work together and both get at least some of what they want.
CALLIOPE: Sounds good. Any thoughts about the ending yet?
JOE: I have been considering the possibilities, the main ones being divorce, resolution or the promise of resolution without actually getting there.
CALLIOPE: Are you leaning toward one or the other?
JOE: No. I thought I would let my characters lead me to the conclusion, with your kind assistance of course.
CALLIOPE: I would be glad to provide any help I can.
JOE: Thanks, I appreciate it.
(Mayan Road- Cozumel)

No comments: