Thursday, October 04, 2007

Conversations with Calliope

JOE: Good Morning, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning, Joe. Glad to see you up and at it this morning.
JOE: I'm up but feeling a little punk. I think I might be getting a cold.
CALLIOPE: At least your fingers still work. I was wondering about something you said the other day before the editor/agent excitement. You talked about using enneagrams to form your characters. Did you ever look up your own?
JOE: Odd you should mention it. I have mine right here. I turn out to be type 7-The Enthusiast.
CALLIOPE: Interesting. What does the typing say about you.
JOE: I am described as being "busy, productive, extroverted, optimistic, versatile and spontaneous, playful, and high spirited."
CALLIOPE: That sounds like you. What's the down side?
JOE: I also tend to become "overextended, scattered and undisciplined." I "constantlay seek new and exciting experiences and become distracted and exhauted by staying on the go." I also have trouble with impatience and impulsiveness.
CALLIOPE: This sounds like you as well. Where did you find all this information?
JOE: On the website www.enneagraminstitute.com. Now I just have to figure out how to apply it to my writing and use it to my best advantage.
CALLIOPE: I understand the site also tracks interactions between types. Have you thought of looking into interactions between the types of your characters and your own?
JOE: No, I never did. But it sounds interesting. I think I will try it.
CALLIOPE: Have fun and let me know how it goes.

No comments: