Friday, October 05, 2007

Conversations with Calliope

JOE: Good morning, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Just barely, it's almost noon. What have you been up to.
JOE: Mostly working on updates for my writers' group. But that's another topic. I'd like to tell you what I found about my compatability with my main characters in Marital Property. Their names are Dennis and Cynthia in case you are wondering.
CALLIOPE: That's nice to know, I already feel like I know them a little better. So what did you learn about you and Dennis?
JOE: Glad you asked. Dennis and I are fairly similar in some ways. We are both assertive, high energy and outgoing. We are both optimistic focused on the future and are good at communicating our ideas.
CALLIOPE: So what's the dark side?
JOE: We can both be exhausting to keep up with and have difficulty looking at problems. We both feel pressure to excel.
CALLIOPE: Okay, so what about Cynthia.
JOE: We tend to be quite different in our priorities and can complement each other when things are going well. I can help her overcome her shyness and she can help me concentrate on what I really want as well as to respect my feelings.
CALLIOPE: And the dark side?
JOE: We can both be impulsive and frustrated when disappointed or when things don't go they way we would like them to. Our differences can also be a source of conflict instead of complementing each other.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like an interesting mix. It should make for a good story.
JOE: I think so. On with it.

No comments: