Monday, October 08, 2007

Conversations with Calliope

JOE: Good morning, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning, Joe. Did you have a nice weekend?
JOE: Yes and I learned some interesting things.
CALLIOPE: Such as?
JOE: On Saturday morning, I did some research on forensic accounting to help me understand my husband character. I have enough experience with art to give me some understanding of what my wife character does.
CALLIOPE: What about the rest of the weekend?
JOE: On Saturday evening I attended a sixtieth anniversary party for my neighbors Rose and Russ. I learned quite a bit about what it takes to stay together in a relationship and got to know their large happy family. They did it the right way although both did say that sometimes it was not easy.
CALLIOPE: So that contrasts with the couple you are writing about in Marital Property.
JOE: It certainly does. It will help me with an understanding of the mistakes my couple might make.
CALLIOPE: I'm glad you are keeping your eyes and ears open. Did you learn anything else this weekend?
JOE: Yes. I visited the Charlotte lighthouse in Rochester on Sunday after I dropped off my two clowns where participating in the River Romance. Other than the architecture I explored the design and some of its history as well as the history of lighthouses in general. I think this will help me with the lighthouses in Martha's Vineyard and give me a little better sense of my setting for Marital Property. I also enjoyed listening to an Irish band, Wild Geese. In the evening iI finished reading Diane Ackerman's Natural History of the Senses.
CALLIOPE: Even though you did not do any writing, it seems you made some good progress. Back to work.

No comments: