Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Conversations with Calliope

JOE: Good morning , Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning, Joe. What have you been up to?
JOE: Quite a bit. I finished working on character descriptions of my main two characters for Marital Property using enneagrams. I also finished chapter two and discovered what the couple were arguing about in the first chapter.
CALLIOPE: I guess you never know what you will discover when you start writing a story. Anything else new?
JOE: I woke up twice during the night. Once I realized what both characters did for a living, which I had been wondering about. The other time, I realized the story should be set in Martha's Vineyard. Did you have anything to do with these revelations?
CALLIOPE: Did you think I just worked when you did? I thought it was about time I made a contribution. You have been working pretty hard. I wasn't sure you would notice.
JOE: Of course I noticed. I know that these ideas were not there the day before and I had not even considered seriously what the setting should be or their occupations. Thanks.
CALLIOPE: You're welcome. Anything else going on?
JOE: Yes. I heard from my editor friend in New York who recommended two editors who might be interested in publishing my last novel, The Pastor's Inferno. I will get on their trail today.
CALLLIOPE: More excitement. Good luck with the hunt.
JOE: Thanks. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: