Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Appreciating Life

(Ganandigan Festival)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. Glad to see you up and at 'em.
JOE: Glad to be here.
CALLIOPE: What are you up to lately?
JOE: Yesterday I finished assembling the posts I will include in my next book based on our conversations.
CALLIOPE: And today?
JOE: Saturday is coming up quickly. I have a column to prepare for The Daily News.
CALLIOPE: Have you decided on a topic.
JOE: Yes. This week I plan to write about appreciating life. Everyone seems to be fretting about the economy and its implications.
CALLIOPE: You don't think we should be worried?
JOE: These are unsettled times. No doubt about that. I think it provides us with an opportunity.
CALLIOPE: Which is?
JOE: To realize what we have in our lives rather than concentrating on what we don't have. As bad as things are, by comparison with most of the world, we are still doing quite well.
CALLIOPE: Good point. I'll be looking forward to hearing what you have to say.
JOE: So am I. Time to get to work. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: