Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Life Context

(Outdoor Handball Court- Dunkirk, NY)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Good, but little perplexed.
CALLIOPE: How so?
JOE: I have been working on the narrative time line we talked about yesterday.
CALLIOPE: You mean the structured interview about your life events?
JOE: Exactly so.
CALLIOPE: Is that what perplexed you?
JOE: Yes. When I wrote about my early years I discovered how happy a child I was.
CALLIOPE: That doesn't sound perplexing.
JOE: It isn't. When I got to my early adolescence, I realized how lonely and isolated I was.
CALLIOPE: You don't remember that?
JOE: I think I buried it from my consciousness. When asked to name my best friend from that time, I couldn't think of anyone.
CALLIOPE: That's sad.
JOE: I agree. I can't change anything about it now, but maybe it will help me understand myself a little better. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: