Friday, March 20, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Human and Computer Virus

(Frozen Culvert)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. I missed you yesterday.
JOE: I thought you might. I have been wrestling with viruses.
CALLIOPE: Tell me about it.
JOE: A cold virus has been stalking me for the past month or so. It laid me flat for a while but lately I have been overcoming it.
CALLIOPE: Is that the end of the story?
JOE: I wish. Just as I was starting to get back on my feet, it seems a virus might be infecting my computer.
CALLIOPE: How can you tell?
JOE: I can't for sure. A few days ago I started having trouble with e-mail messages. I received them erratically but then got a message after they were received that my provider didn't recognize my password.
CALLIOPE: It doesn't sound earthshaking.
JOE: It isn't but it is annoying.
CALLIOPE: What do you plan to do about it?
JOE: I tried every antivirus program I could think of with no results. Finally I made plans to take it to a shop for a professional look.
CALLIOPE: How did that go?
JOE: It was canceled because my man came down with his own virus (human type.) I'm waiting for him to recover. In the mean time I'll try to get back to concentrating on my writing. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: