Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Spring Awakening

(Magen's Bay Beach- St. Thomas)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Not bad. I'm enjoying the return of spring weather and not having to bundle up before going outside.
CALLIOPE: It is a nice time of year, one of rebirth and beginnings.
JOE: Well said. My mind is filled with new ideas.
CALLIOPE: Such as?
JOE: I think I might have mentioned my idea about a virtual beach where ideas could lounge and meet each other.
CALLIOPE: You did. Is it on your mind?
JOE: Yes. I awoke early this morning imagining it.
CALLIOPE: What ideas are up and about?
JOE: One is the mystery of abuse.
CALLIOPE: Oh?
JOE: I've wondered what prompts people to leave their senses and abuse others with no thought of their welfare. Another is the mystery of addiction.
CALLIOPE: Do you think they are connected?
JOE: Perhaps, but I'm not sure. I have read a few explanations of both issues but they both remain mysterious to me. Maybe I will let them play on the beach and see what happens. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: