Monday, March 23, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Finding a Direction


(Mayan Road- Cozumel)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. On Saturday you sounded stuck. Any progress?
JOE: I would say so. I found some time to reflect on where I am right now.
CALLIOPE: What did you discover?
JOE: I came to a standstill in my writing recently when I started reading Vein of Gold by Julia Cameron.
CALLIOPE: I thought that book was designed to stimulate your creativity.
JOE: It is. I started feeling more energized until I came to her recommendation of writing my history.
CALLIOPE: And that paralyzed you?
JOE: I'm not sure it is quite a matter of paralysis.
CALLIOPE: What is it then?
JOE: I have been mindlessly plodding ahead with little sense of direction, flitting from one project to another.
CALLIOPE: And?
JOE: I think I need a better sense of direction. As I thought about it over the weekend, writing my story might help me regain my momentum.
CALLIOPE: Is that you next project?
JOE: I don't see it so much a project as a refocusing. I will try and see where it leads me. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: