Monday, February 25, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. Glad to see you are up and at 'em early again.
JOE: I feel pretty well recovered from my cold and am getting my energy back. I also joined Weight Watchers for men on-line last week and have already lost 8 pounds. Maybe there is still hope.
CALLIOPE: Congratulations, keep it up. What's going on in the writing world?
JOE: I spent some time this weekend reviewing what I have found so far on Internet marketing. I also established some priorities.
CALLIOPE: What are your top three?
JOE: First is continuing this blog to track my progress with writing and keep those who are interested in my adventure informed.
CALLIOPE: And second?
JOE: Second is to develop a list of benefits from reading my books to include in my marketing efforts. I realize this is an approach best suited to non-fiction, but I don't see why it wouldn't work for fiction as well.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like it is worth a try. And number three?
JOE: I woke up very early yesterday morning with the idea of celebrity quotes. I don't mean soliciting them from current celebrities. What I have in mind is quoting famous people in my publicity, using what they have (or had) to say to lend credence to my writing. I have never heard of this idea, but thought I might try it. Did you plant this idea in my head?
CALLIOPE: Well...
JOE: I thought so. I think it's brilliant or at least a try. I'm excited about getting to work. Talk with you tomorrow.
(Windjammer buffet- Adventure of the Seas)

No comments: