Monday, February 04, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you this morning.
JOE: Better than the last few days. I did something to my back and haven't been sleeping well lately.
CALLIOPE: What are you doing about it?
JOE: I was hoping rest would be enough. But I keep aggravating it. I plan to call a chiropractor today.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like a good idea. What's been going on besides that?
JOE: Aunt Lucille finally died yesterday morning. She seemed close to death a few times but was finally ready to go and said, "Let's get the show on the road."
CALLIOPE: She was quite a character from what you have written about her in the past.
JOE: You're right. I will miss her as will Carol. But we have fine memories of our times with her. One of her last requests was that I do her eulogy.
CALLIOPE: How's it coming?
JOE: Just about finished. We have a cruise planned starting Saturday and were in quite a quandary about what to do if she lingered beyond then. I didn't want to disappoint her and Carol wanted to be there for her cousins. As it turns out, everything fell into place.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like quite a week so far. Any work on writing?
JOE: I sent out a few more news releases on Saturday and also worked yesterday on a presentation in lieu of a book reading and signing. I didn't get to work on Marital Property. My couple remains in bed unrequited. I hope to give them some relief today and don't see why I can't finish their bedroom scene.
CALLIOPE: I am sure they will be grateful.
JOE: I imagine so. Still, I think they might be enjoying the antici---pation. I guess I better get going. Talk with you tomorrow.

(Wedding arch- Portland, Maine)

No comments: