Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Quite well, thank you. My back seems to be working normally. It's amazing how one little disorder can change your outlook.
CALLIOPE: Did it do that to you?
JOE: I can't say it changed my life outlook, but it did hold me back some.
CALLIOPE: Glad you're past that. What did you do yesterday?
JOE: I worked on publicity materials, refining my business card, announcements, news releases and brochure to coordinate with my web sites.
CALLIOPE: It sounds like you are making progress. Any writing?
JOE: Denis and Cynthia are back in the bedroom in Marital Property and from all accounts are enjoying every minute.
CALLIOPE: Did you finish the chapter?
JOE: No. I was a little pressed for time. Like my protagonists, I am enjoying this scene as well.
CALLIOPE: Well, I won't bother you about the intimate details. I hope you all have fun. What's on the docket for today?
JOE: First I have some refinements to add to Aunt Lucille's eulogy. I may not get some of the details I want until the wake this afternoon. I will probably have to come back here to touch up the eulogy tomorrow morning before the funeral.
CALLIOPE: Sounds rather last minute.
JOE: It's not in my control. Several people still have not gotten back to me but I should see them at the wake. I'll send you a copy of the eulogy tomorrow morning if I have time. I'd better get going.

(Shipboard Sunset- St. Lucia)

No comments: