Saturday, February 02, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good afternoon Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good afternoon Joe. I was beginning to think I wouldn't hear from you today.
JOE: Never fear. Actually I have been quite busy with things I have let go all week to work on marketing. I won't bore you with the details.
CALLIOPE: Okay. What progress have you made on marketing?
JOE: I am busy finding contacts for news releases at the moment. I am making good progress, but finding detailed accurate contact information is not always so easy. I did search the library yesterday for newspaper contacts and magazine contacts. I also discovered Gale's, a wealth of information when I find the time.
CALLIOPE: You sound quite busy. Any progress with Marital Property?
JOE: Yes. I worked on the bedroom chapter with my couple. I thought I had reached the end of the chapter but they were having too much fun and wanted to continue.
CALLIOPE: So did you leave them hanging, so to speak.
JOE: I did. It doesn't look like I will have to write today. But I am sure they will both reach full satisfaction on Monday. It's not quite so frustrating to have to wait when it fictional. I hope they won't hold it against me.
CALLIOPE: I hope so too. What's next?
JOE: More work on Marital Property next week as well as more marketing efforts.
CALLIOPE: Do you hve a plan?
JOE: Yes. First was to get my website where I wanted it. I am happy for the moment with it. Now I need to look for reviews and am scouring the country for possible sources.
CALLIOPE: Are you doing any local PR work?
JOE: I am developing a program which I think I will call Writing from the Soul. I plan to talk about the different kinds of writing I have done, give examples from my writings, and engage my audience in discussion of their writing or aspirations instead of a traditional signing. Of course I will have my books for sale as well. I guess I better get going. See you on Monday.

(Window at Charlotte Lighthouse- Rochester, NY)

No comments: