Thursday, April 02, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Renewed Creative Energy


(Oatka Creek)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Energized. But do you have to start your inspiration so early?
CALLIOPE: What do you mean?
JOE: You know exactly what I mean. The ideas you placed in my head at 4:30 this morning. I had to get up and write them down to be sure I wouldn't forget them.
CALLIOPE: I wanted to make sure I didn't forget them either. What ideas did you receive?
JOE: One was the difference between lies and creativity in dealing with literal truth. The other was whether our national bird should be the eagle, turkey or phoenix.
CALLIOPE: That's exactly what I remember. Do you want me to take the chance of forgetting and inspire you later in the day?
JOE: No, I just wondered. I'm ready for inspiration any time. But you sure keep me on my toes.
CALLIOPE: That's the nature of my job and our relationship.
JOE: Well said. I accept the terms. I guess I can always go back to bed later if you wear me out.
CALLIOPE: Glad you understand.
JOE: I think we understand each other. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: