Friday, April 17, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Gentle on My Mind

(Sunset on the Allegheny River)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Looking forward to the warmth and sunshine promised by today's forecast.
CALLIOPE: Nothing special on your mind today?
JOE: Nope. It's nice to feel at peace with nothing nagging at me.
CALLIOPE: Do you only write when something is bothering you?
JOE: Good question. I hadn't thought of it that way before.
CALLIOPE: Do you have an answer?
JOE: For the most part, I think I only write when I think something needs to be changed. Sometimes I write about things or people I appreciate.
CALLIOPE: Other that the weather, what else do you appreciate about today?
JOE: A sense of prosperity in troubled times, being at peace in my relationship, having the freedom to do whatever I want to today with no expectations placed on me and endless possibilities for how I spend my time.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like you're in a fortunate position.
JOE: I think so. I wish I could find a way to share it with others.
CALLIOPE: I think you just did.
JOE: I guess you're right. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: