Friday, April 03, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- A Cup of Insecurity and Humility



(Amish Buggy and Wagon)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you this morning?
JOE: In my cups.
CALLIOPE: Do you mean drunk?
JOE: No. I am continuing with Julia Cameron's Vein of Gold exercises.
CALLIOPE: Oh. And what cup do we have today?
JOE: Insecurity and Humility.
CALLIOPE: Tell me more.
JOE: I won't bore or depress you with my childhood insecurities.
CALLIOPE: How about the humility part?
JOE: That might be worth exploring. I think my sense of humility developed in response to my childhood insecurities. Now I approach everything in my life including my writing in a humble way.
CALLIOPE: What does humility mean to you?
JOE: I keep myself in perspective and don't become arrogant about my abilities or opinions.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like a good trait for a writer. Do you think it keeps you from taking chances sometimes?
JOE: Perhaps. It's not always easy to keep a balance between risk and humility but I do my best. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: