Monday, April 20, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Dark Night and Dawn

(Oak Bluffs Sunrise)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. I missed you on Saturday.
JOE: I didn't feel inspired to write.
CALLIOPE: Don't blame me. I was here waiting for you.
JOE: I know. I don't blame you.
CALLIOPE: What was it then?
JOE: As I told you, I have not felt much like writing all week and found it a struggle to get anything into words.
CALLIOPE: To what do you attribute this lack of inspiration?
JOE: It took me a while to figure it out.
CALLIOPE: Please share what you discovered.
JOE: I have been reading about the dark night of the soul as you know. Last week was not one for me as far as I know. However I have been there in the past and have worked with many people as they struggled to make sense of them.
CALLIOPE: What was the effect of reading about it?
JOE: I have come to understand the dark night as a time of putting ordinary life on hold, stepping back and reevaluating life. Just reading about it put my creative thoughts on hold for a while.
CALLIOPE: How long do you expect this to last?
JOE: I awoke at 4:30 this morning my mind brimming with creative ideas. I guess it's over now. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: