Friday, April 24, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Curiouser and Curiouser

(Dunkirk Harbor Jetty)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. What happened with the elite and pica authors?
JOE: Good question. The discussion became hot and heavy for a while.
CALLIOPE: Then what?
JOE: The whole thread disappeared mysteriously without any explanation.
CALLIOPE: Where do you think it went?
JOE: Hard to say. I can only speculate.
CALLIOPE: What's your speculation?
JOE: Someone's feathers were probably ruffled. The site in question might prefer that its members play nice and don't raise any controversial issues or express any emotions.
CALLIOPE: As you say, curious.
JOE: I agree. I was waiting to see whether a rapprochement between traditionally and self published authors might be forthcoming. The conversation was whisked off before the result became evident.
CALLIOPE: So now what?
JOE: Hard to tell. I'm awaiting further developments.
CALLIOPE: Do you have any plans?
JOE: If no satisfactory conclusion arises, I am planning to start a forum for pica authors. I will be away for a few days and will get back to you mid week.

No comments: