Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Americorps

(Spring Blooms)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Invigorated.
CALLIOPE: On what account?
JOE: I have been thinking lately about doing something away from my computer and also about making some direct contribution to society other than writing about it.
CALLIOPE: Did you come to any conclusions?
JOE: I did. I decided to explore Americorps and sent in an application yesterday.
CALLIOPE: That's rather sudden isn't it?
JOE: I don't think so. I have been thinking about something like this and doing some research on it. Saturday I talked with my son in law who is in the program.
CALLIOPE: Does that mean you will be traveling about the country?
JOE: No. There are programs right here in Genesee County.
CALLIOPE: What interests you?
JOE: I have a couple ideas but don't know what projects are open yet. I have been thinking of doing something with teenagers or with ex-offenders.
CALLIOPE: Sounds adventurous.
JOE: I have worked with both before as a psychologist so it wouldn't be anything entirely new. I'll wait to see what they have available. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: