Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Dross to Gold



(Dunkirk Golden Sunset)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Continuing to focus on the positive.
CALLIOPE: Tell me about it.
JOE: Julia Cameron suggested an exercise in which I listed ten criticisms that tended to paralyze me in the past.
CALLIOPE: That doesn't sound too positive.
JOE: I'm not done. Then I considered them for hidden positive elements they might contain.
CALLIOPE: That's more like it. Then what?
JOE: I listed them on a decorated page and will post it above my computer.
CALLIOPE: What were they?
JOE:Radical thinker, unconventional, flexible, nurturing, different from the herd, free from control by money, divergent thinker, carefree, provided for by God and untroubled.
CALLIOPE: How did you get to these?
JOE: It doesn't matter. I have left the criticisms behind and will take these strengths with me.
CALLIOPE: Are they just wishful thinking?
JOE: No. I have seen each one in my life and will take them with me as reminders of how I am at my best. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: