Monday, December 08, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse

(Plants in Winter)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Rested. I took the weekend to unwind and restore myself.
CALLIOPE: How did you go about it?
JOE: I planned no major activities this weekend.
CALLIOPE: Did you just flop on a couch?
JOE: Not quite. I worked on some Christmas presents for a while. I also did some reading.
CALLIOPE: What did you read.
JOE: I caught up on some of my recent New Yorkers. I also started reading Rita Mae Brown's book, Starting from Scratch.
CALLIOPE: Tell me about it.
JOE: Her subtitle is "A different kind of writers' manual." She shares some good learnings and thoughts about writing I had not considered. She published it in 1988 but I have never heard of it.
CALLIOPE: Where did you find it?
JOE: At Borders Books used section. I just happened upon it.
CALLIOPE: Do you find it dated?
JOE: Just the brief section of computers which of course is from a different era. The rest of it is fresh and refreshing. Talk with you tomorrow.


No comments: