Thursday, December 04, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse

(Seaside Fort- Condado, Puerto Rico)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. What news?
JOE: Plenty. Yesterday was busy. I managed to finish and post my column, Rebuilding Our World Standing and Self Respect. I also finished writing and revising my ten reasons for and against reading each of my books. Now I'll try recording them.
CALLIOPE: Good progress. Anything else going on?
JOE: Yes. I had a chance to browse Barnes and Noble yesterday and found Thunder and Lightning: Cracking Open the Writer's Craft by Natalie Goldberg and Starting from Scratch: A Different Kind of Writers' Manual by Rita Mae Brown.
CALLIOPE: What prompted you to buy these?
JOE: I thought I could use a little inspiration for my writing.
CALLIOPE: I guess all writers can. What are you up to today.
JOE: In addition to working on marketing, I found two challenges.
CALLIOPE: Which are?
JOE: One is a new online group coordinated by Ann Maid for local writers, some of whom I have met. The entrance fee consists of a poem, a genre generally scary for me.
CALLIOPE: How will you approach it?
JOE: I plan to write in dactylic hexameter in your honor since this meter is generally used in epic poetry. Maybe it will end up as an ode to you for your help.
CALLIOPE: I would be honored. And the other challenge?
JOE: Phil Davis suggested I write some entries for "Amazon's So You'd Like to..." I think it has possibilities and I plan to try it. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: