Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse

(East Chop Lighthouse- Martha's Vineyard)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Ready to get going again.
CALLIOPE: What did you accomplish yesterday?
JOE: A fair amount. I finished working on ten reasons to read and not to read each of my four books. I want to let them percolate a bit before recording them.
CALLIOPE: Anything else?
JOE: Yes. I started on my column for this Saturday, tentatively titled Rebuilding Our World Standing and Self Respect.
CALLIOPE: That sounds like a large topic, maybe enough for a book.
JOE: I agree but I'm in the middle of another book at the moment. I would like to at least stick my toe in the water of this topic first by starting with a column.
CALLIOPE: What prompted this venture?
JOE: I read an article recently about the recent proliferation of lying, stealing and cheating by teens. It got me thinking about where these trends originate. I concluded it must be in our eroding culture.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like a worthwhile project.
JOE: I hope so. It is part of my plan to raise people's consciousness about how they live their lives.
CALLIOPE: You've got quite a mission.
JOE: I do but I'm not alone. Sometimes I feel like the "voice of one crying in the wilderness." Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: