Friday, November 30, 2007

Conversations with Calliope




JOE: Good Afternoon, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: I noticed. Where have you been all day?
JOE: Don't get in a dander. I have other obligations as well. I had an early morning meeting, then I got to work on some research for the book, talked with Royal Caribbean about our cruise in February, and updated my writing group about next Tuesday's meeting. (Gasp) I went to the Y for a workout and swim, delivered some Christmas brochures to the Arts Council for them to sell on consignment, had lunch, did some more research, prepared dinner and here I am.
CALLIOPE: Well at least you weren't loafing. What's for dinner?
JOE: Shrimp stir fry with leeks, mushrooms and green pepper over brown rice and a crab cake with a side of carrot and raisin salad.
CALLIOPE: Sounds good. What's new on the writing front?
JOE: I didn't hear from either of the people I was waiting to have contact me so I think I will proceed with agents again on my own. I did find a few resources on finding agents I might explore a little more as well.
CALLIOPE: How about Marital Property?
JOE: This morning I worked on settings such as the meeting place and restaurant in New Bedford where the husband and his friend meet and the restaurant in Scituate where the wife and her younger sister meet.
CALLIOPE: Have you actually been to these places?
JOE: Yes but it has been a while and my memory gets a little rusty at times. I found some pictures which will help with more realistic settings.
CALLIOPE: And this afternoon?
JOE: I worked on personality characteristics and interaction patterns for Cynthia (wife) and Nancy (sister.) Now I am ready to proceed.
CALLIOPE: Do you have any time to do any actual writing this afternoon?
JOE: A little. At least I can get started on it while I have the chance.
CALLIOPE: Okay, better get to it while the sun shines (sort of.)
JOE: Righto. Talk with you later.
(Sunset at Scituate, Harbor at New Bedford)

No comments: