Saturday, November 17, 2007

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. What have you been up to?
JOE: As I suspected, I did not do any actual writing yesterday. I had photographs to print, work to do on my Christmas booklet and mostly research on agents.
CALLIOPE: Tell me about the Christmas booklet.
JOE: It will consist of selected blogs from before I started conversing with you. They touch briefly on commonsense topics. I am hoping to have enough for a booklet.
CALLIOPE: How is the agent search coming?
JOE: It's getting there. I found an agent who works with children's and adult books, seems interested in a variety of topics, and even represented a book with a theme of Dante. I am thinking he might be a good bet but am doing some research on him and will check with my publishing friend.
CALLIOPE: It sounds promising. Was it much work?
JOE: Quite a bit. I am glad I have the internet. I don't know if I could ever find the information I have without it.
CALLIOPE: Good. Keep at it.
JOE: I will. I plan to finish the chapter I was working on later today and think about the next chapters over the rest of the weekend.
CALLIOPE: It sounds like you are working on getting back into the groove.
JOE: I am. I think next time I go away, I will make sure to do some work on my current project each day so I don't lose touch.

(Ladder- Charlotte Lighthouse- Rochester, NY)

No comments: